Tuesday, October 27, 2009

An All The Pushups in the Whole World


Yesterday contained an unprecedented number of push ups in the history of my life.

First, in pilates I did about 6 or 8 wide push ups on my knees. I count these as officially the first push ups in my life because I went all the way down and all the way up. Whoa!

Then I did Chest and Back for the first time. It was pretty much a horrible nightmare, since it contained about 75,000 varietals of horrible push-ups. I did my best for all of them, and managed to gimp through the whole thing. I wasn't able to go all the way down to the floor, but I did what I could and I know it worked because I am sore from my bra-band to my armpits: a nice rectangle of stiffness.

I took a serious recovery week. I did yoga a few times, and a little pilates, but for the most part I studied for midterms, worked on school projects, dealt with a minor cold and a draining (no pun intended) period. Betcha thought I gave up! I didn't! I just didn't write anything here! Ha! Psych*!

Some other good news is that I weight myself on El Mejor Pistolero's scale and according to it, I went down to 150 and change from 155 and change. And that was after the delicious crock-pot meat dinner the night before. Yay! More significantly, my pants fit nice and style-less-ly lose, which is how I like them till I have the money and motivation to buy pants that fit appropriately. And, yes, I can wear my "tight" pants too!

So, mad props** to p90x! Maybe I'll get a t-shirt. Actually, maybe I'll get it to celebrate when I can do a pull-up. I love getting shirts of stuff I've done (or like, such as Dogfish Head beer, especially Chicory Stout). We all remember the trapeze shirt fiasco. :).

Today I'm skipping yoga... don't ask me why that seemed like a good idea this morning, because it doesn't seem like one now, but I'm going to to KenPo and maybe some "PM Yoga" from Netflix. Since my exercise/sleep schedule is so wonky lately I've been having a hard time falling asleep before 1am, which of course makes getting up at 7am to exercise sort of not gonna happen.
Anyway, all of this is to say that I'm on phase three, and super excited about it.


TTFN***!




(*-*** I actually used to say those things un-ironically.)

No comments: