Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day Four, Phase Three

Move over, El Mejor Pistolero, because the new love of my life is this:Ok, so that's a damn dirty lie- how could smokey miso tofu replace a man who is refining the process of making steel-cut oats overnight in a crock-pot? It can't, of course, but as with every good lie there is an element of truth, and that is that smokey miso tofu is my favorite thing to have for lunch. I've had it pretty much every school day for two weeks. The wonderful incredible recipe is here at the wonderful VeganYumYum blog. I'm looking forward to getting the VeganYumYum cookbook in my next round of cookbook purchases.

In case anyone was wondering, I enjoy my miso tofu on a thin whole0wheat bun with Trader Joe's ailoli mustard, a slice of soy-pepper jack cheese, spinach, and some avocado if I have it kicking around.

In case anyone else was wondering, other items on my cook-book list are:
Raw Food Real World, Living Raw Food, Vegan Comfort Food, The Thirty Minute Vegan, The Voluptuous Vegan, and How to Eat, which has nothing to do with vegan/raw food whatsoever!

Otherwise, I'm pretty pooped today because of the usual rumblings and tumblings from my upstairs neighbors keeping me up all night. The most maddening thing about it is that they aren't even DOING anything. They are just living a normal life up there. I know because I can hear every footfall. I need to get a white-noise maker or something. I'd like to get a little more high tech a solution than just sleeping with a pillow over my head. Which I do.



Oh. I almost forgot.

The OTHER reason I'm tired is that I actually got up at 7am today (hooray!) and did Shoulders and Arms (hooray)! Other good news is that I'm definitely ready for heavier weights, for that video anyhow. I've been using 8lb weights for most of it, and though it used to be a struggle, it really isn't anymore. The Notorious EMP has a pair of ten lbs hanging around his house for me... I'm looking forward to giving those a try.

As if P90X wasn't enough, I also had a pilates class at ten. As if P90X and pilates weren't enough, I also have a (light) yoga class after work that I'm really actually looking forward to.

I miss yoga when I don't make it to the studio. Sure, theoretically I can do it with a video, but that's still untested since I've never actually done it. Though I do have access to yoga DVDs.

I'm just set in my ways, ok?

Another thing I want to do is to find time (somehow, probably not that often though to be frank) to start jogging, and to find a way to jog that dose not result in horrible shin splints. One of my roommates is a runner, and her immediate suggestion was to not run in hiking boots. Well. Maybe I'll give that a try if it is at all nice this weekend.

I know I used to squeeze the elliptical into my day, but for the life of me I can't imagine how. It's going to work out that phase three is going to end right around the end of my semester, so I'm thinking there will be a lot of yoga, elliptical, and (finally!) rock climbing this winter before I get back into the P90X saddle with Tony and The Kids.

No comments: