Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dragged my poor, protesting body through a weird yoga class (we did that thing where we crawl on the floor like different animals... I feel like I should find it fun but I hate it) and another 4 miles on the treadmill.

The good news is that it is getting, by degrees, easier to run at an 8.48 minute mile for about a mile at a time.  Not that long ago, doing anything faster then a ten minute mile for ANY duration would be unthinkable.  If I could do the MCM at around a 9 minute/mile pace I'd be thrilled.  I mean, secretly I want to BQ, but the reality is I'd be able to run 50 or 100 miles before I'd be able to run 26.2 at that pace.

The less good news is that I went into some sort of food panic around 9:30, and scarfed down two slices of Whole Food Pizza and a can of coke.  The last thing I had was some jerky around 3-something, so I think I need to be better about having appropriate snacks handy.

Wow, so stiff.  Not really looking forward to the 6 mile hill run I have scheduled.  Maybe I'll walk a lot of it. On the brighter side, a yoga studio neat home still has their "lunch yoga" on the schedule for the holiday.  I'll pop in for that, or do a nice yin dvd.

I think I'm going to do some work on this blog in the coming weeks.  I want it to look less-pathetic in case somebody stumbles across it.

Wow, way to externalize.

No comments: