Monday, July 2, 2012

This is entirely a motivational tool for me... I am starting marathon training for the Marine Corps Marathon, and my motivation has been at a record low since the (amazing, exhausting) Big Sur International Marathon at the end of April.  I want to keep running, because it is a good cardio activity that requires minimal coordination (I'm looking at you, Zumba and all other forms of dance-as-exercise), and, well, when I don't hate it I like it.  But right now I hate it.  But I'm going to sign up for Big Sur again when registration opens on the 17th.  Because that shit was amazing.

I also want to re-incorporate yoga as a regular feature in my life, less as "exercise" then as a moving meditation that makes me feel damn good.

Last but not least, my beautiful and much-neglected gym has a variety of of different strength building classes that I'm going to start taking advantage of.  I want to end the tendency to ONLY do cardio or ONLY do weights.

Goals:

  1. Complete marathon training (run approx 6 times a week) &,
    •  Complete MCM in under 4 hours, end of October. 
  2. Do at least an hour of yoga at least 4 times a week.
    • Get the hang of crow pose.
  3. Take a strength class at least 3 times a week.
    • Get tight like a tiger.
I'll think of something a little more measurable later.

So far, today, I ran a total of 4 miles in the morning and took an hour long noon yoga class.

No comments: