Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Dragged through 6 miles of hill run/walking, and yoga doesn't look likely this evening.  Ate a ton of cake, and a ton of meat, and not an insignificant amount of alcohol.  To be honest all I want to do it keep drinking, but we got rum so there is a stopping point for me there, and it is too soon.

Tomorrow will be a nice 4 mile (flat!) run and maybe one of my boyfriend's p90x yoga dvds.

I feel really good after yoga.  I wish there were more hours in the day, because not that much has been making me feel like that lately.  I haven't been drinking to much in terms of quantity or drunkeness, but I've been drinking to often because it takes the edge off the anticipation of doing today again tomorrow and tomorrow.

Boyfriend keeps telling me, rightly, that is I want to meet my fitness goals I'm going to have to do more (any) weight training, that even the vigorous styles of yoga I prefer aren't going to cut it for that.  And I know he is right.  And I don't even dislike weight training... I love Tony & Chalene.  It makes me feel good, and it helps me sleep, but it doesn't really "pick me up".

I'm very frustrated that the only way I seem to get what I need out of everything is to basically wear myself out by pursuing it to an unsustainable degree.


No comments: