Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just a Little Bit

Hello!

I woke up at 8am today, which is a minor victory in itself, since I've been in sloth mode this summer. I can't believe how much of the day I've been wasting in bed lately!

Feeling a little sore, not gonna lie. Mostly in the neck and shoulders region, and the upper thigh, which surprises me a bit.

Behold, above is the half of the red cabbage that didn't get chopped up into borscht the other day. I made some very satisfying borscht yesterday in the crock-pot (thanks mom) by the way, out of four garlic cloves, one vidalia onion, two carrots, half a cabbage, a big handful of spinach, two cups of vegetable broth, a big 28 oz can of chopped tomatoes, and four chopped beets. It turned out nice and fuchsia and once I added a little adobo and a tiny big of Parmesan cheese it was awesome! But what dose a cuban/italian know about borscht anyway?

(Because I think it will help keep track of my eating) Yesterday I ate two bowls of that borscht, a bowl of Trader Joe's fiber cereal, a slimfast bar (because I got caught an hour waiting for a bus), a Trader Joe microwaveable fillet of sole, a mango/peach apple-sauce cup, and a mini whole grain bagel with almond butter and jelly. Also, both yesterday and today I took all my vitamins.

This morning I weighed myself and came it about 151 lbs. My waist measured 29 inches and my hips (at three fingers bellow my belly button) were 37.5. Here are my starting pictures:


Well, I guess I better get to it!

No comments: