Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tippy Toes


















This is exactly how yoga didn't work out for me today.

Woke up with a big ouch and lumbered through the yoga video. It was actually a little "easier" then my usual classes except for the fact that my body is pretty much on strike. I'm looking forward to Sunday's stretch/rest day.

The fact that the apartment manager kept knocking on the door to tell me to let the handy man in for repairs that I was told would happen last Tuesday didn't make it any easier.

However, instead of doing my savasana on the floor, I got to do it in a nice bed warmed by the Notorious EMP, so that was pretty great.

Also, he made an extraordinary pecan pie!

Breakfast: Cup of lentils, bagel BLT, sliver of pecan pie.
Lunch: Medium coconut soy latte, big protein bar
Dinner: Lentil-tomato soup, small slice pecan pie.

Today I ate kind of shitty, but it was because I was consumed with this final. I'm feeling it though. Tomorrow I'll eat like a healthy person. I'd better. I was falling out of poses I can usually do, like warrior three. I don't imagine tomorrow (legs/back/abs) is going to be much easier. Having done KenpoX a few months ago when I was in better shape I'm really nervous about that one, since I was sore for days afterwards.

I guess there is no use psyching myself out over it though. Unlike yesterday, I already know I can do this one.

One thing I will say though is that so far the program has moved around my body enough that no one part is in total useless agony, yet.

Another thing is that these past few days have really increased my respect for El Mejor Pistolero for having done 90 days of the usual program and is getting ready to do a round of lean. That and the really killer pecan pie he made. Also he surprised me with some protein drinks and muscle repair mix drink stuff... the sweetie knew I'd be needing it.

Tomorrow evening I'm going to NY, hopefully I'll be able to keep up on this the few days that I'm there. Maybe I can get my little sister to do Kenpo with me, she likes violence.

No comments: