Monday, August 31, 2009

Day Twenty Seven
















As I continue to be exhausted, it becomes apparent to even me that I've bee overdoing it and not eating enough. Therefore: I am officially subbing my pilates class for this weeks core synergistics. I will do only yoga on Wednesday this week.

My week five is going to look like this:

Day 1 – Pilates Class
Day 2 – Cardio X, Yoga Class (evening)
Day 3 – Yoga Class (evening)
Day 4 – Pilates, Yoga Class (evening)
Day 5 – Shoulders and Arms
Day 6 – Kenpo X
Day 7 – Rest or X Stretch

(The evening yoga classes are easier and tend to me more instructional then the morning ones, so its not as bad as it looks.)

I really needed a rest week, and I refused to give myself one. So this week it is. Also, according to daily plate I'm not eating enough. I really don't know how this is so because its not like I wander around hungry, but El Mejor Pistolero accurately pointed out that most of what I eat is high-nutrient/fiber low calorie (except for desert last night at the Mexican place by the Shakespeare theatre!!!) (apparently that's what it takes to hit my calorie requirements) (all of which causes me to be absolutely mystified about why I gained weight off birth control.) (I promise I'm not getting all Ana., I also am still delivering on my Cuban birthright of hips and ass, and intend to continue to do so, I'm just very confused) (EMP says I'm flat out not eating enough calories.) (If he's right -and he frequently is- I'll be the only person who lost weight by adding HelloCupcake to her diet.) (Which I'd love.)

Something has to give, though. I'm getting pretty addicted to having stuff like muscles in my arms, but I also just healed up from my hip-issue from way back in the beginning of this month. I have to find a balance between working out, homework, and eating an appropriate amount of calories to fuel it all.

One thing I'm going to try is to make protein rich smoothies in the morning. Clearly I'm not eating nearly enough. I can blend up some berries and a banana and some non-dairy-derived protein powder along with my yummy almond milk and (chocolate) Amazing Grass powder, which has just a super-impressive amount of great, great stuff. And, of course, tastes like chocolate cake, which has very much been a theme these past few days. Also, the website has some recipes, just in case somehow you get tired of drinking it. no, they did not pay me for all that, and as a result I'll be getting mine from Vitacost, who doesn't pay me either.

Actually, suddenly I really want meatballs. Must be my period.

No comments: